Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Assessing the Spring Semester - Part IV (Final Update)

Dear Readers:


During the last update with respect to my final semester as a graduate student at the University of Houston, I recounted some of the tumultuous events that transpired as the academic session waned. Even though stress dominated these days and the hours seemed to stretch into years, my graduation day finally arrived. The ceremony began at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, May 11, 2012, at the Hofheinz Pavilion at UH. Although the ceremony was extraordinarily long, it was really awesome to be hooded for my doctoral degree by my wonderful director, Dr. María Elena Soliño.

Here I am with Dr. Soliño immediately after the ceremony.



From left to right: Dr. Bencomo, Sylvia Morin, María Perez, Laura Garza, and Dr. Soliño


Albert and I after graduation; I am thrilled to have received such lovely roses!

Once the graduation ceremony was over, we went to celebrate by having lunch at Brasserie Max & Julie once again. Of course the food was delicious, but the best part was savoring my recent successes, which of course were only possible because of the love and support of family and friends.

From left to right: Dr. Soliño, Sylvia Morin, Michelle Cohen,
Jovita Morin (my mom), and Adrian Morin (my dad)

From left to right: Dr. Soliño, Albert DeJesús, Sylvia Morin,
Michelle Cohen, Jovita Morin (my mom), and Adrian Morin (my dad)

I do appreciate the time you have dedicated to reading my blog, and I ask you to consider following my blog. If you look on the left hand side of the blog, you will see a link that says "Join this Blog". I would truly appreciate your support!!

Best,
Sylvia 

No comments:

Post a Comment